This is the almost-anonymous story of an overweight, middle-aged athlete trying get a handle on his food and bring his weight back down to a reasonable level. Dropping his body fat down to 12%. Trading a 6-pack for a 6-pack.

20140105

Calories In

Cup of coffee
Two demi's of turkish coffee
Oatmeal with raisins and almonds (see below)
Pho
Grilled Salmon with Rice and Broccoli
Pear

This was a definite learning experience.  I was worried that I was skipping too much, and it turns out that the above list equals about 2300 calories.  Shit, that's way too much - 800 calories above my 1500 limit.  It's the Oatmeals fault - the proportions for the raisins (3/4 cup) and nuts (1/2), made this whole thing add up to over 1000 calories.  I'm going to cut both back to 1/4 of a cup in the future.

The only saving grace was today's activity, creating a net difference of 1400 calories.  But my goal is to create a true caloric deficit, and I'm failing at that right now.  At this rate, I'm barely loosing any weight!

Calories In:  2300